Dr. Haidar Hassan- Principal Dental Implant Surgeon
Dr Haidar Hassan DDS, MFDS RCPS (Glasg), Dip ImpDent RCS (Eng), MFGDP (UK), MSc Dent Imp, MSc Aesth Med, PhD (GDC: 179 416)
Principal Oral Implant Surgeon, Clinical Lecturer in Aesthetic Medicine at Queen Mary University London
Dr Hassan is a substantive clinical lecturer and module lead in aesthetic medicine, Centre for Cell Biology & Cutaneous Research, Blizard Institute, Queen Mary University of London. He is a substantive clinical lecturer, examiner and PhD supervisor at the European Oral Implantology MSc Program at University Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid, Spain) and visiting clinical researcher at the Department of Natural Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, Middlesex University (London, UK).
Dr Hassan has completed many postgraduate clinical and academic research courses, in Europe on implants, advanced surgical treatments and facial aesthetics. Dr Hassan has trained with world leaders in dental implantology, such as Dr Bertil Friberg at Brånemark Clinic (Sweden) and Dr Hans Nilson at Umeå University, holding a diploma in dental implantology from Royal College of Surgeons (England) and a master’s degree in oral implantology (Distinction) from University Rey Juan Carlo, (Madrid, Spain). In addition, he is holding a master’s degree in aesthetic medicine (Distinction) from Queen Mary University (London, UK) and a diploma of membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgery from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow).
In 2016, Dr Hassan was awarded Fellowship of International Academy of Dental Implantology (IADI) and Mastership in 2018. Dr Hassan is currently the IADI-Europe Vice President. He is a member of the Association of Dental Implantology (ADI), International Association for Dental Researcher (IADR), British Council of Aesthetic Medicine (BCAM) and Joint Council for Cosmetic Practitioners (JCCP).
Furthermore, he was awarded the 1:st British Council of Aesthetic Medicine Research Award 2019 for his clinical paper on “Injectable Platelet Rich Fibrin (i-PRF) in Aesthetic Medicine – a prospective consecutive cases audit of outcome”.
Dr Hassan has attended several dental research congresses and his areas of research interest are regenerative treatments/materials and platelet-based growth factors such as PRF/ PRP.
His research has been published in various peer-reviewed journals:
• “The treatment of peri-implantitis: a systematic review with meta-analysis of the existing therapies”, Submitted, British Dental Journal (BDJ), reference number: MSS-2019-872, 2019.
• “Prospective audit of client satisfaction with injectable platelet-rich fibrin (i-prf) in aesthetic medicine (Literature review and clinical study)”, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University, Centre for Cutaneous Research, Blizard Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, London, United Kingdom, submitted, 2019.
• “Interproximal in situ plaque pH in relation to caries before and after short-term use of 1.5% arginine toothpaste”, Department of Oral Microbiology and Immunology and Department of Cariology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden, Department of Natural Science, School of Science and Technology, Middlesex University, London, United Kingdom, submitted BMC, 2019.
• “Effect on final pH from sugar fermentation by plaque bacteria isolated from caries-free and caries-active individuals after frequent sugar and alkali rinses. A pilot study”, Department of Oral Microbiology and Immunology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden, submitted Clinical Oral Investigations, 2019.
• “Is the regenerative procedure an efficient approach to treat peri-implantitis?”, Department of Dental Implantology, University Rey Juan Carlos (URJC), Madrid, Spain, manuscript, 2018.
• “Effect of acid and alkali formation on pH in the dental biofilm with reference to caries”, Department of Oral Microbiology and Immunology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden, published, ISBN: 978-91-629-0512-5.
• “Rapid urease test (RUT) for evaluation of urease activity in oral bacteria in vitro and in supragingival dental plaque ex vivo”, Department of Oral Microbiology and Immunology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden, published, BMC Oral Health. 2018;18:89-95.
• “Are caries and periodontal diseases associated with two different microbial ecologies? Studies on bacterial metabolites on site, individual and population level.” Department of Oral Microbiology and Immunology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden, manuscript, 2017.
• “Site-specific dental plaque pH in 13 years old Thai school children”, Department of Oral Microbiology and Immunology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden, published, Clin Oral Investig. 2015 Dec; 19(9): 2179-2186.
• “Plaque pH in caries free and caries active individuals before and after one-week daily rinses with sugar and urea solution”, Department of Oral Microbiology and Immunology and Department of Cariology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden, published, Caries Res. 2015;49(1):18-22.
• “Periotron® measurements to determine fluoride retention on mucosal oral surfaces”, Department of Oral Microbiology and Immunology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden, manuscript, 2014.
• “pH and bacterial profile of dental plaque in children and adults of a low caries population”, Department of Oral Microbiology and Immunology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden, published, Anaerobe. 2014; 27:64-70.
• “The anti-caries effect of a food extract (Shiitake) in a short-term clinical study”, Multicentre European project, published, Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, 2012:217164.
• “The strip method: a simple chair- side method for Plaque pH assessment”, Department of Oral Microbiology and Immunology and Department of Cariology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden, published, Caries Res 2010;44:341–344.
Mr Nasir Nasser- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
BDS (Glasg), LMSSA (London), FDS RCPS (Glasg), FRCS (London) – GMC NO. 2379102
Mr Nasir A Nasser is a Consultant Facial Plastic Surgeon with an extensive experience of all aspects of maxillofacial and facial plastic surgery. He is known internationally for his special interest in reconstructive and aesthetic rhinoplasty, chin surgery and malar augmentation, which he practiced and taught widely for the last thirty years.
Mr Nasser’s expertise includes all aspects of facial plastic and aesthetic surgery as well as maxillofacial surgery such as Brow lift, Buccal fat extraction, chin surgery and cheek and malar augmentation and rhinoplasty.
He is known internationally for his special interest in reconstructive and aesthetic rhinoplasty, chin surgery and malar augmentation, which he practiced and taught widely for the last forty years.
Dr. Nicholas John Lewis – Consultant in Prosthodontics
Dr Lewis graduated with Honours in Newcastle in 2001 before commencing General Professional Training in the North-East of England. After completion of house officer posts and time in general practice in the North East he completed his Membership examination at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and then went on to undertake hospital posts in Oral & Maxillofacial surgery at University College London Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital in London. He completed his higher specialist training in Restorative Dentistry at the Eastman Dental Hospital in London when he also completed a Masters degree in Conservative Dentistry in 2006.
Nick obtained the intercollegiate specialty fellowship examination in Restorative Dentistry from the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2008 as was appointed as a full time Consultant in Restorative Dentistry at the Eastman in 2009. Nick was clinical lead in Prosthodontics at the Eastman Dental Hospital from 2010-2014. He was subsequently appointed as a Consultant in Restorative Dentistry at The Royal Surrey Hospital in Guildford in 2016 with a sub-speciality interest in maxillofacial prosthodontics and the dental management of head and neck cancer patients. Nick is now predominantly based at the Royal Surrey in his NHS Consultant role and maintains a teaching commitment as a Clinical Lecturer at the Eastman.
Nick is currently the Course Director for the Royal College of Surgeons FGDP Diploma in Restorative Dentistry and is also a regional dental advisor for the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Nick has completed an LLM in Medical Law was also awarded an Honorary Fellowship from the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners in 2017 (ad eundum).
Nick’s clinical interests are centred around fixed and removable prosthodontics including the placement and restoration of dental implants and the oral rehabilitation of patients who have had head and neck cancer treatment. He is an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of England & Edinburgh, University College London (UCL) and the FGDP.
Nick is recognised by the General Dental Council as a specialist in Restorative Dentistry, Prosthodontics, Periodontics & Endodontics.
Dr. Nikolaos Tatarakis – Consultant in Periodontology
Dr Tatarakis trained at the University of Athens, and qualified as a dentist in 2005. He worked as an associate in a Periodontal specialist practice and in the Oral Medicine clinic of Andreas Syngros” University Hospital. In 2008, following his military service as a dentist in the Greek Air Force, he was admitted to the University of Michigan, USA where he completed a comprehensive three-year specialty program in Periodontology obtaining a Certificate and a Master’s degree.
In 2011, Dr Tatarakis received a prestigious clinical and research scholarship by the International Team for Implantology and spent one year at the Unit of Periodontology of the Eastman Dental Institute in London for this purpose. In the meantime, he completed the necessary examinations and became a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology.
Between the years 2012-2016, he held Clinical Teaching and Research Associate positions at the Eastman Dental Institute, supervising graduate students and conducting clinical research. He is currently a part-time staff member of the newly founded Centre for Oral Clinical Research of the Institute of Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London. Nikolaos limits his clinical work to periodontology and implant surgery in multi-specialist practices. He holds memberships of professional and educational associations in the area of periodontics and implantology and lectures and publishes in these fields. His main research interests include diagnostics and management of peri-implant
Dr. Sara Marchner – Facial and Cosmetic Dental Surgeon
Cosmetic Restorative Dentist and Facial Aesthetic Practitioner, DDS (Swe), MSc Aesth.Med (Eng)– GDC NO. 209173
Dr. E Miguel Aranibar – Consultant in Endodontics
DDS (Sweden), Specialist clinician in Endodontics- GDC NO.79953
From 2007 to 2013 he held the post as Endodontist at the University Clinics in Gothenburg, Sweden, where he worked part time as a clinician as well as Clinical Tutor at the specialist programme in Endodontics.
Since 2007 he has been working in the UK taking on complicated and challenging referred root canal cases. He has been admitted to the UK Specialist List in Endodontics.
Dr Aranibar is a member of the British Endodontic Society, Swedish Endodontic Society and the European Society of Endodontology (ESE).